Thursday, January 27, 2011

Brushing off the dust

Wow. I'm a bad bad blogger. I'm SO sorry to anyone who reads this, but it's a new year, so I get a second chance, right? Right?

Well, even though I'm super busy (I know, not an excuse), I'm going to try my hardest to blog more often, and hop on this blogging bandwagon. I may not always be able to share my outfits, but I will try to supplement that by sharing things I generally like! Things that inspire me, make me smile, etc.

Also, due to inspiration from this lovely lady, I will be trying to take quick mirror shots during the day to offer a little bit of my daily wear, Until i can find time for "real" photos.

Also as part of my new years changes, Fiance and I have agreed to implement the following shopping agreement, which will not only make us both happy since i will get to shop, and he will be happy because i won't be shopping all the time, but out bank account will be happy as well.
The rules are:
1- I am allotted a 30$ monthly budget to purchase whatever I want that is not required for school, work, or a gift (i.e. art supplies, textbooks, etc)
2- Though it's up to me to decide when and what to purchase, if I spend my whole budget right at the beginning of the month, it's my own fault.
3- Gifts do not count (i.e. gift cards, or purchases made by other people)
4- If I want to buy something more expensive than my budget (which is admittedly small, but hey, we're college students), the item must be mutually agreed upon, and for every 10$ over my budget the item is, I must donate an item to Goodwill.

I figure this system is a pretty good one. Especially considering that we tried the whole shopping ban thing, and well.... that didn't exactly pan out so smoothly.

Well, here's to a new year, and new motivations!

2 comments: